Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Search for text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lande76610
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote lande76610 Replybullet Topic: Search for text
     Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
I would like to know if the following scenario is possible:

I have created a report, but I need to search all rtf text within a database belonging to a specific user (medical chart software)

I have set up parameter fields to choose the user and choose the date range. Is it possible to set up a search for a keyword? I am trying to find away to search rtf text in the database for "injection" as an example, and have the report return the charts containing that keyword.

I am grateful for any assistance
JLA
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:55am
it should be pretty much the same as for other parameters
create new parameter in parameters options choose type as string and use it in you logic like you did with other one. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 3:57am
IMO - assuming you want the user to type in the search string I think instr() would be the easiest solution
create a string param to enter 1 search word (or phrase)
 
instr({table.searchfield},{?search for},1)>0
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum