I have a main report which contains several parameter fields e.g Works Order Number.
The values of these are then assigned to Shared Variables with the same name.
These shared variables are used in subreports which are called based on the value of parameter field Line Number as each of our production lines have different constraints/settings so require a different layout(haven't figured out quite how to do this yet)
However my current problem is that I need my subreport record select formula to be
{WorksOrders.WorkOrderNumber} =
{@Works Order Number}
where @works Order Number is the shared variable value
However Crystal report XI says I can't do it as the variable must be evaluated later.
Does anyone know a way around this issue? I only want the user to be prompted for the data to be input once at the main report, then crystal reports to fire off the relevant sub report, at the moment although my subreport fires it doesn't have the correct data in it as I can't pass it through.