Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Have a gap in detail of first page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DiemTran
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: Vietnam
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote DiemTran Replybullet Topic: Have a gap in detail of first page
     Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 10:00pm
Please help me about Memo field in SubReport. I have a SubReport that need to display pageheader, detail, page footer, and  in detail of subreport contains memo field and set the property of this text box to "Can Grow" = Yes .However, CrystalReportX does not support to display  pageheader, pagefooter in SubReport. So. I have created a formular FakePageHeader that has code  as
"WhileReadingRecords;
true"
 and group in this field and checked option repeat group header on each page and right click Section Expert->check print at Bottom of page for Group Footer.
This problem is when I preview Subreport. It display text in group header and a gap in detail of first page.Then, I preview next page, the subreport display right data of memo field. But the report still not display group footer on each page. 
How do I can remove a gap in first page and display group footer on each page?
Thanks


Edited by DiemTran - 16 Jun 2011 at 10:01pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:26am
the group footer is probably because the group doesn't end on the first page...after all it is a group footer, not a page footer (which is what you want).
 
The gap...how many records are in your subreport?  Maybe you need to Suppress when Blank.  If you have multiple detail lines and they are blank, CR will still display them, which would appear to be a gap.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
DiemTran
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: Vietnam
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote DiemTran Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm
I need to display group footer on each page. I have found out many ways to put in conditon in Select Expert->"Print at bottom of page" of group footer section. But it is not display.
There is a record in SubReport. But a memo field has many data. So, SubReport has several pages. And I do not understand why the SubReport appears a gap in detail of first page.
 Pls support about these. Thanks.


Edited by DiemTran - 17 Jun 2011 at 7:48pm
IP IP Logged
IdoMillet
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Quote IdoMillet Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 2:20am
The gap is because of a 'Keep Together' property. Turn that option off for the memo field and for the section it is in.
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
IP IP Logged
DiemTran
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: Vietnam
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote DiemTran Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 4:19pm
Yes, I have unchecked "keep object together" and a gap removed. Thanks a lot for your support. For now, I am finding out a suitable condition in order to display group footer on each page. Thanks again.Smile
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 4:40am
it won't display.  Your 1 detail row, which is a memo field is extended over several pages, so the doesn't see the group footer until the end.
 
I understand that you want the group footer to act like a page footer, but it isn't going to work consistently the way that you want, because your data is too long.
IP IP Logged
DiemTran
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Location: Vietnam
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote DiemTran Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:27pm
A gap still appears when the report run in JavaWeb apps. Although I have unchecked "keep object together" in memo field. Pls support about this. Thks
 
DiemTran.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum