Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Topic: Details left of succeding pages. Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 1:32pm
Our Invoice was pulling the Ship To information from the wrong table so I modified the report by adding the correct table.That part works great but, the report started printing the details section 3 times instead of just the once. I figured it had to be caused by the table linking and placing {Table.Field}=previous({Table.Field}) in the Suppress(NoDrill Down) of Section Expert but not checking the box fixed that problem.Now,since the report was set to print 4 times whenever it is run,(4 identical pages) the Details section is not filtering to the 2-4 pages.It only shows on the first page.I don't know what I'm missing but it has to be something simple.
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:00pm
I figured out what the fix is for the most part.If I format each field and click Suppress If Duplicated,that fixes all but the sub report in the details section.I can get it to only print the one time but it still won't pass to the other pages.
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 7:23am
it looks like a linking problem check if there are other helping links(company_id or something) that you could use to connect your new field with. there is got to be a field in your new table that is not getting duplicated, find that field and filter it in selection export to show only what you need.
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 12:15pm
It was a linking problem.Placing
{Table.Field}=previous({Table.Field}) in the "Suppress(No Drilldown)" formula field fixed it completely but since this report was written to copy itself multiple times (not by me,I was just modifying an existing report) the information was not passing to the copies so I had to go another route.Checking the box "Suppress if duplicated" for each field fixed that problem except for the sub report that was also in that section.What I did was look closely at the sub report and found no reason for there to be a sub so I deleted it,added the Table and selection criteria to the main report and added the field in the place of the sub.Then I checked the "Suppress if duplicated" box for that field and now the accountant is happy as a pig in a poke.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum