Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: How to pass parameter to subreport? Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 5:37am
Hi All,
I am passing a parameter called "prmStartupDate" to the main report. I am displaying this parameter in the header part of the main report. I have a subreport called "Employees", now my problem is i need to pass the value of "prmStartupDate" to this subreport through VB.Net code.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 2:02pm
You need to add the param to the subreport. I usually do this by setting up a subreport link to the parameter. If I don't need the param value in the selection criteria for the subreport, I then remove it from the selection criteria. This leaves the link set up so that the parameter is sent to the subreport from the main report. If you do this, I don't think you need to actually set the parameter value for the subreport in your code.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum