Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem print in Generic Text (print or to file) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gikewong
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote gikewong Replybullet Topic: Problem print in Generic Text (print or to file)
     Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 10:08pm
I facing some Cysrtal report printing problem in windows 2000 server which running a .NET application (.NET 2005), when sending a report printing thru crsytal report viewer (version 10 or higher) to Generic Text printer (send to printer or print to file).
It show everything ok in the preview, but during printing (network printer) the printer come out blank page (nothing show), when print to file it was also empty (with few initial byte in first line).
But print to any printer driver it is ok; means if I have a valid printer driver, I send to printer or I print to file it show me something. Just cannot print to a printer with the setting "Generic / Text Only" (without using it driver, tested in few types of printer). But I can do it using Crystal report 8.5 for the same report file. I also successful do the printing when running the application in XP (tested with same printer). Only facing problem in Windows 2000 server, which we must use it, and must use "Generic / Text only" for printing.
Any one can help? Is it Crystal report version 10 above not fully support for Windows 2000? or any crystal report patching for Windows 2000?
wong
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum