I'm having a problem with a report that I'm working on. The report uses a number of commands that have parameters. The 3 parameters that are causing me problems are string parameters that can have multiple values, with a default value of 'All'.
In the commands, the parameters are used like this:
and ('All' in ({?param_dept_m}) or team.GS_ASSOC_DEPT in ({?param_dept_m}))
and ('All' in ({?param_funct_group_m}) or exists (
Select 'X'
from GS_FUNC_GROUP_FLAT_V grp
where team.GS_FUNCT_GRP = grp.CHILD_CODE
and grp.PARENT_CODE in ({?param_funct_group_m})) )
and ('All' in ({?param_funct_team_m}) or team.CODE in ({?param_funct_team_m}))
When I leave the default of All or enter a single value in each parameter, everything works fine. When I enter multiple values I get the following error:
Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis [Database Vendor Code: 907]
Oracle version is 11g. Crystal version is 2008 SP3 with no fix packs.
For all of the work I've done in Crystal over the years, this is the first time that I've worked with multi-value prompts in commands and I'm stumped.
Thanks!
-Dell
Edited by hilfy - 31 May 2011 at 2:12pm