Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using Running totals in Charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Topic: Using Running totals in Charts
     Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:23am
I have a report that needs to have a cumulative value over a period of time to be displayed in a chart. The field I am using cannot do a running total on it so instead I used a shared variable formula to calculate the cumulative sum. So what I want to see is the months through out the year on the x-axis and the cumulative sum across the months on the y-axis, but once I do the shared variable, it does not show up in the chart expert 'available field' section. So what I did was i created a subreport to pass the shared variable and create the chart in the subreport. The shared variable pulls up in the chart expert 'available field' section but there is no value when i load the chart in the subreport.   i used the reset formula and all of that in the main report in order to evaluate the shared variable in the subreport but that does not seem to work either. so im wondering what other option is there to do that.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum