Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with report headers/details Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jmejiaa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jmejiaa Replybullet Topic: Help with report headers/details
     Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:36am
Hi All, I'm tasked with working on a Crystal report for the first time. I've gotten pretty far but am stumped now.

I have a report with a query that returns a bunch of rows, basically it is a report that shows a contract, stores and products.

One contract contains stores and products so I would like the report to show this:

Customers:(header)
Cust1
Cust2
Cust3

Products:(header)
Product1
Product2
Product3

Right now the report is setup in such a way where I can only get the following result:

Customers:(header)
Cust1

Products:(header)
Product1
Product2
Product3

Customers:(header)
Cust2


Products:(header)
Product1
Product2
Product3

Customers:(header)
Cust3

Products:(header)
Product1
Product2
Product3

The products have a "detail" section within the header but I can't seem to include another detail section within the Customers header.

Sorry for the lack of correct terminology/knowledge. As you can, I'm very new at this.
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:10am

check you joins in the tables to ensure the are left outer.

when you create a groups
customer, products it groups by customer, then there products
what you want is a listing of customers
then a listing of products unrelated to each other?
sharona
IP IP Logged
jmejiaa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jmejiaa Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:15am
Correct, the SQL is pulling the data that I need.

I want to do what you describe, the products are not tied to customers, instead they are tied to a contract.

The beginning of the report should show contract info, then customers tied to that contract and finally products tied to that contract.
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:58am
you can create a group by contract id
then in the details section place the customers
then insert a 2nd details section and insert the products
 
see if that gets you started
sharona
IP IP Logged
jmejiaa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jmejiaa Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:59am
Thanks Sharona, your suggested has made the report show the two headers, then the details.

This approach can be OK, if I get the details to show under each header, might be able to get away with sticking the headers in the actual details... if that made sense hehe
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum