Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: help with shared variable and subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
maxpil
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote maxpil Replybullet Topic: help with shared variable and subreport
     Posted: 05 May 2011 at 6:57am
Hello,
 
I need to pass a shared variable that gets assigned a running total  from a sub-report to the main report, and print it in the main report.
 
I have this formula in the main report:
 
shared NumberVar x;  x
 
this formula is in the subreport:
 
shared numberVar  x := {#RG_TOTAL_GT}
 
However when I execute the main report I get "0.00" instead of the correct value. What am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
freestylepunk
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote freestylepunk Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2011 at 5:38pm
Did you put the subreport formula into the subreport itself?  Which section did you put it in?  Eg:  report header, report footer, details etc.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum