Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Excel Output and Input Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cfrey
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Quote cfrey Replybullet Topic: Excel Output and Input
     Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:01am
Hello,

I am running reports through ODBC which limits me to one out join. To get around this I created two reports. One extracts the client name and client ID which is the key. They look like this:
Client Code          Client ID
SMITJOH               45687
JONEMAR              26871
DOEJAME              1587

Client code is a string and client id is numeric. I export to excel data only. I use the spreadsheet to link to my database and retrieve only those clients. I have tried both the client ID and code with no luck. When I print the Client ID is shows up with a 2 place decimal even though I have formatted it in excel without. I can only assume the Client Code is padded with spaces and that is why it does not link. Could anyone offer a solution?

Thank you
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum