Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Can I manually edit specified group criteria? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dan78
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Dan78 Replybullet Topic: Can I manually edit specified group criteria?
     Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:38am
Using Crystal 9.

I've created a report that is grouped in specified order and using a date field with criteria between two dates for each named group. For example, the group name "Year0405" is set between 6/1/2004 and 5/31/2005. The group name "Year0506" is set between 6/1/2005 and 5/31/2006. Etc.

However, I would like to be able to use the report's date parameters in the group name criteria, so it would be between {startdate} and {enddate}, just like I can do in a the record selection and formula field editors.

So I'm hoping that I can somehow manually edit the specified group name selection formula, but I can't seen to find where to do that.

Can I?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:12am
not that I quite understand what you are after, but if you want something to occur, based on parameters, you would need to create a formula that would do as you desire.
 
If you want to create a formula that groups better than just using a field or 2, create the formula, and then where you would select a field for the grouping, change it to use your formula.  Whatever is the last thing displayed by the formula is what CR will group on.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum