Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Retrieve all values except one group of records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
LearningAsIGo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote LearningAsIGo Replybullet Topic: Retrieve all values except one group of records
     Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:26am
Working on a financial report.
Trying to grab all rows and transactions amounts except for one group.

MPAC contains a total of all transactions as well as each individual. Looks like this:

Bld $xxxxx
MPAC $xxxxxxx
MPAC: 1 $xx
MPAC: 2 $xx
etc.
Ele $xxxxx

I only want Bld and Ele, etc. I do not want any MPAC, I thought about trying Instr but I think I may be using it incorrectly.

There are thousands of #s for MPAC so doing a <> does not seem efficient.

Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:54am
There are thousands of #s for MPAC so doing a <> does not seem efficient.


You're ultimately going to be doing it at a row-by-row basis so I don't think you can get any more efficient.

If you're drawing the data from a DB you could send it to the DB as part of a select statement or part of the WHERE clause in the command. DB will most likely be more efficient that crystal when filtering results.

Edited by Keikoku - 26 Apr 2011 at 3:55am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum