Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: calculate % on manual running total?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mfergel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote mfergel Replybullet Topic: calculate % on manual running total??
     Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:07am
I have a three part manual running total that prints the final value in the report footer.  That total is based on groups of cities and time spent by each city on a project.  I'm trying to calculate the percentage of time they spent on the total project in each cities group footer.  So, of course (citytime % totalprojecttime).  However, since it's a manual running total it's calculating based on the time up until that point, so the first city is always at 100% because the manual running total and time spent by that city is always equal.  Then the next percentage is only based on the first two cities total divided by that current city, etc. so that the only city that actually has a correct percentage is the last one because it's finally calculated the totals at that point.
 
I've tried various printing states (evaluate after, etc) but those aren't going to work because the total isn't done until the end.  Without doing a subreport, is there anyway to calculate that properly?
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:53am
I have not found a way to do so.
I have also not found a way to use evaluateAfter as I want.

One idea I had was to do a running total whilereadingrecords so that the summary is provided before it begins printing records, but it never did any sort of running total at that stage.

It seems like running totals only work while you're printing records.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum