Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: forcing a standard number of detail lines Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: forcing a standard number of detail lines
     Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:37am
Good Morning,
 
I have a form that I am reproducing in crystal.  The preprinted form has 6 lines on it.  I need a way in Crystal to print 6 detail lines even if there is less than the 6.  The remaining detail lines would be blank of information but would need to print the graphic I have behind the detail lines.
 
Can anyone help me with this?
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:03am
if you used a stored proc, you could probably dummy up the code to get the 6 lines that you need.
 
You might try an outer join of a table that has 6 rows in it, like an excel spread sheet, but you would need a row number of some sort that goes from 1-6 which is probably not available in your datatable.
 
Stored proc sounds like the best solution, at least that is what I would do.
 
Perhaps someone else more clever than me can come up with a better solution.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum