Topic: Locate fields used in View Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:02am
My predecessor used lots of views, for one report in particular, the report is broken. How do I locate the fields in their parent 'original' tables to use to correct the report. Some fields I am unable to locate, can the names be given aliases in a View database form? I was able to look at the View in SQL, it is using 8 tables, but some of these fields I need are not named found in any of the 8 tables used for the view.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:20am
You have to go to the database to look at it - and you may need to get a DBA involved if you don't have access to view the code. You don't want to see the data, you want to see the SQL statement that the view is running.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum