Topic: Formulas in Repeated Group Header Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:36am
I have a formula in the upper group header that works for the first page but displays zeros for the 2nd and subsequent pages. The formula uses one of the fields returned from the SQL query to calculate an elapsed time. I have the Group Option "Repeat Group Header On Each Page" turned on and "Keep Group Together" turned off. I have two groups nested under the first group. On the Common Tab I have a different Command field being used to provide sorting and grouping order.
How can I get the formula to return the same value for each page.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:55am
when you place this sort of formula in a header it will only show records that have been read up to the point of location of the formula (e.g the first row of the group or in a repeated group header rows up to that point in the group)
only formulas that can be created via an insert summary function (or replicated as such) can be used to show values in a header.
The insert summary function doesn't help, so I suppress the formula when its equal to "00:00:00", which occurs when the Command.StartTime = 0. The user will get the elapsed time on the first page.
I toyed with the idea of a global string array but couldn't figure out how to index it properly and I need to press on with the problem reported in my 3rd posting (Repeated Events Not in Report).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum