Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: report sorting but sum 2 lines
Author
Message
jooky
Newbie
Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: report sorting but sum 2 lines
Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 8:57am
I have a report that is group sorted by CostType. These are 1,2,3,4... and are ascending through the report.
I have been asked to sum costtype 1 and 7
So far I removed 7 from showing by adding
{JCCT.CostType} <> 7
Now I want cost type 1 to include costtype 7.. something like this.
//if {JCCT.CostType} = 1 then sum ({JCCT.CostType} = "1" ,{JCCT.CostType} = "7")
Any ideas? I have no programming background so I am stumped.
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:31am
NOt sure I understand your question exactly but you cannot exclude data and also sum it.
If you want to regroup the data use a formula
if {JCCT.CostType} in [1,7] then "1 and 7" else
totext({JCCT.CostType} ,0,"")
group on this fomrula field and then d0 a sum on it
Edited by DBlank - 12 Apr 2011 at 11:55am
IP Logged
jooky
Newbie
Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:32am
Thanks for trying...
I get "a boolean is required here"
I am just trying to add 2 rows together.
I have a report that prints
cost type estimate actual balance
1 labor 100 100 0
2 materials 200 100 100
7 burden 500 600 -100
10 tax 0 0 0
They want me to combine the labor and burden
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:56am
Do not place the formula I gave you in the select expert but rather create a formula in the Field Explorer.
IP Logged
jooky
Newbie
Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 9:45am
Ah! Thank you ,getting the right stuff now.
looks like you can teach a old dog new tricks.
Thanks,
tim
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.