Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Paramater not appending all values from field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
g2beastie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote g2beastie Replybullet Topic: Paramater not appending all values from field
     Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:17am
I'm having this issue and I'm not sure whether it is because of something I'm not supposed to be doing, or just a bug in the program(CR), but here it goes. I am using fields on a report from a Command I typed in, and from about 2 more tables from the database. When I create a parameter, and try to append all the values from the field, it only brings a very small amount, like 2 out of 50. I did find that if I don't use my command on the report at all, the parameter appends all the values, and when I re-create the command, it goes back to the same problem.
Is the fact that I'm using fields from a command and from other tables something that is known to cause this and therefore shouldn't be done?
 
Any sugestions/thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance for your replies.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:30am
Do ou mean that you have an incomplete LOV in a dynamic parameter?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:34am
if so
 
The fact that it is complete sometimes and incomplete other is likley to do with when a join is being enforced or not.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum