Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:13am
Depending on what you are doing with that date, the steps may be different and harder.
The simplest way to get the most recent date would be to use a maximum summary on the date field.
Another method would be to keep a variable that stores the most recent date by comparing it with other records as you are reading records from the DB. This variable would then be available before you begin printing records and should allow you to do more with it.
Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:55am
I kind of understand the logic behind your suggestion; but, I have no idea how to accomplish it. Could you provide code or pseudo-code (and tell me where to place it)?
On my report, I need to display in the details line ONLY the most recent vehicle-status record fields--how could I do that with a maximum summary?
Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 10:20am
I have one vehicle-rental record, joined to three name records (renters), joined to two status records (that contain info regarding each rental event).
I need to put on the report..
veh1 rented by persons 1&2 &the status from the most-recent rental
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum