Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: Hoe can I display current computer name Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:50am
Hello - I'm writing a report that will print a users work hours. I want to limit the results to thier machine id or windows credentials. Im thinking I want to do it this way so they do not have a choice to pull up another workers time card. I'm not familiar enough to know if crystal 11 has this option.
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 5:07am
Not sure if it can get authentication on its own, but crystal can definitely filter the records to only show the user's work hours, where the credentials is a parameter field.
However then the question becomes: how do you pass in that information? Would it be done automatically? (ie: grab the session information from the OS or something, I'm not sure how it really works) or would the user type in his username and you can make the excuse "it needs your name lol"
I would go with the latter if I have no idea how to retrieve session information or however it works, though I'm surrounded by it all the time.
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 6:05am
1. Go to the Windows command prompt 2. Type 'systeminfo'
You could then write the computer name to a file, extract it from the file, and then show it on your report. This is one way, probably not the easiest, but doable.
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by JGARDNER-AIT
Hello - I'm writing a report that will print a users work hours. I want to limit the results to thier machine id or windows credentials. Im thinking I want to do it this way so they do not have a choice to pull up another workers time card. I'm not familiar enough to know if crystal 11 has this option.
Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.
then show it on your report. This is one way, probably not the easiest, but doable.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum