Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Characters cut off on right margin of text field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
VaughnBradley
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote VaughnBradley Replybullet Topic: Characters cut off on right margin of text field
     Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 7:31am

I have a text field (rtf) on a subreport set to grow. It looks great in my Crystal Reports Designer (print preview), but when I print it through the applicaiton that will be using it (SAP Business One), some characters are missing on the right side. I have messed with the margins over and over, but can't figure it out. Is the something simple that I am missing?

It is a form that has some vertical lines near the left and right margins. The subreport needs to fit in between those lines, but it is pretty simple and only has this one text field to display. No matter how much I shrink it, I still have the problem...on top of the fact that I need it to be as wide as it can be, with the margins and lines I have on my main report/form.
 
Thanks for any insight!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 3:20am
'can grow' only adjusts the vertical height of an object, allowing the text to wrap.  If the subreport is restricted to how large it can be, perhaps that is 'over riding' the 'can grow'.  If characters are being cut off, you would want to make a field larger...or change the font size (thus effectively making it larger by making the contents smaller). I realize that this is not always an option, as the report may end up looking 'odd'
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum