Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Topic: Sum on data from SubReports / Formula Fields ? Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:00am
I am using a subReport to handle a one-to-many data issue. And, it is working fine returning data on a 2nd Detail line - so my shared variable is read/processed after the subReport.
However, I cannot 'sum' on the field. My field in report is like: // @subAsthma WhilePrintingRecords; Shared NumberVar srxAsthma; srxAsthma
So, while printing detail records, I correctly show who has Asthma. (There is a 1 in the field.)
But, it is not in the list of fields that I can sum/count on for my Group and Report level breaks.
I think I can create a running-total field for this; actually two since I will need one for Group (and need to reset in Group Hdr) and one for Report. Possibly an ok solution, but I envision passing 20 or so data values from subReport.
So, any insight into why some Formula Fields are eligible for sum/count and others are not?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:06am
has to do with passes of the data in the report
some formuals are created before the SUmmaries are created and others are created after. Shared variable formuals are after so are not eligible for summaries
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum