Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Parameter Field Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 12:32pm
Hello all,
I am fairly new to CR but picking up things fairly well but this one has me stumped and I think I may be overlooking the obvious!
I have a report that has 2 parameter fields
StartDate EndDate
This brings in to my report the records between those two dates - so far so good :)
One of the fields in the table is called "Colour" and what I am hoping to do is look at all of the records in the database table (not just the records set by the parameters) to see the total quantity of records that also have the same Colour and display that number on each of the rows of records on the report.
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 9:24am
If I understand what you are describing correctly, suppose your table has 20 records and there are two possible values for "Colour": red and green.
Suppose 7 are red and 13 are green. Your report should display each record, but for a custom column on the report, it should say 7 if the colour value is red, and 13 if it's green?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 4:14am
I am interpretting this a bit differently. I think you want to use your date params for counting rather than record exclusion.
You will have to remove the params from the record select statment and then use them in some fashion to count. Either a formula field, a variable formula or a Running Total.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum