Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text Field Padding Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Topic: Text Field Padding
     Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 3:50am
Hi

I have report with a lot of text fields with only text in them. I need the text fields to be a certain height, which I have set, and I require the text font to be a particular size but when I do this and set the border of the text box to 'Single' the text is pushed down and this cuts off the bottom of the text and leaving a space between the top of the text and the top of the text box.

It happens when I add the border and also need the border so I am trying to find a remove this space/padding that is added when I set the border.

I can't see any way to fix this unless there is a dynamic way to do it.

Any help appreciated

G

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 3:53am

Instead of using borders, have you tried drawing lines or boxes?  These are separate objects so they won't move the text around, they'll just sit on the outside edges of the fields.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 4:18am
Hi

Yes I am doing that but it is very fiddly all the same.

G
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum