Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: OR Condition in Parameter Query Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JudithJubilee
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JudithJubilee Replybullet Topic: OR Condition in Parameter Query
     Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 8:58am
Hi

I have a large dataset for my clients who have subscribed to the various schemes I offer. I need to run a report monthly to find those clients that need invoicing.

I have a ClientType field

I then have 3 month fields HRMonth, HSMonth, CombMonth
These three fields have a month written in them
I need to pull out those clients who have a ClientType of Current and (for example) April in either of the 3 month fields

I can create a parameter field with a drop down of months but I would like to be able to choose from 1 drop down list and it would check against all 3 fields

I was thinking along the lines of:

{Clients_.ClientType} = Current AND
( OR {Clients_.HRMonth} = {?What Month},
{Clients_.HSMonth} = {?What Month},
{Clients_.CombMonth} = {?What Month})

I am familiar with ANDs and ORs in Excel formulas which is were my thinking started as you may be able to tell!

I would very much appreciate your help

Judith
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:19am
{Clients_.ClientType} = Current AND
({Clients_.HRMonth} = {?What Month} or {Clients_.HSMonth} = {?What Month} or {Clients_.CombMonth} = {?What Month})
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum