Following are three data fields in my client's QuickBook file:
Work Order #, Line #, Quantity
From these 3 fields I need to create a Serial # that will identify on a Quality Report each inventory part specifically. So say Work Order # equals 2432, Line # equals 01, and Quantity equals 3. I need three Quality Reports showing a separate serial number on each one as follows: Serial # 24320101, 24320102, and 24320103. The only difference is the last two digits which indicates the specific count of the Qty 3 ordered. I've got the Work Order and Line # filling in...no problem. Does anybody have an idea how to get the last two digits to sequentially fill in until the quantity ordered is reached?
Until I understood how their Serial #s are created, I was simply told they would need the number of Quality Reports to match the Quantity Ordered. I was just going to have them change the number of copies on the print screen to match the number of reports they needed for that particular item. It seems now that I'm going to have to design it so that I get multiple pages for each item until the # of quantity is reached. I'm not sure how to do that but I suppose if I could get this far, I could then use the Page # as the last component of the Serial #. This would mean I would also have to have the page number's start over with each part # on each work order. Something else to figure out.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If I'm on the wrong track completely, please redirect me. Thank you.