Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: select distinct Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
theop
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote theop Replybullet Topic: select distinct
     Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 3:53am
I am (group level) selecting records on an account name. Within that I need to do a select distinct on the first 6 bytes of its owner codes on another table. I cannot use the the datalinks since I must select only the first 6 bytes of an 8 byte field.
 
For example, Account1 has 5 owner code records on the other table. Instead of getting a total of 50 loans for Account1, I get 250. I tried the select expert and it will not accept select distinct. Do I need to set up the group using the ownercode ? I cannot edit the SQL query.       
Wayne
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum