Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Manual Groups Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: Manual Groups
     Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:19am
Does anyone know how to create manual groups.  I want to create a group for the next six months (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) and then when I print them on the report, how do I print out the month name instead of the date?
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 2:54am
By "manual" I'm assuming you mean "I can specify my own group names and ranges" (ie: group by month name even if my data doesn't provide the name).

You can create a formula that will extract the month (and convert it to the name instead of just the number)


MonthName(month({your_date}))


Then create a group on this formula so that it will group all of the records by the month.

You then have the option of using a record selection formula to filter out all the records that you don't want (so you're only left with the next 6 months) or a group selection formula.

Edited by Keikoku - 10 Feb 2011 at 2:56am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum