Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Overawed
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Overawed Replybullet Topic: Group Header
     Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 8:39am
My apologies initially as I know the answer is in the forums already but I could not find anything that perfectly applied to my situation well enough to allow me to figure it out with some trial and error.
 
I am new to Crystal Reports and am learning.  I have watched the videos on YouTube and read many of these forums.  Let me describe my problem:
 
I am using a report that comes with some software called FabSuite.  They use Crystal Reports to make the reports for their system.  I have a report I want to modify.  The report has 10 fields that are listed with a header row and are columns.  There are over 1800 rows at this time.  The first two fields (or groups) are commonly used but do have 10 different types in the field.  My report looks like this :
 
Shape   Grade     Qty   Dim        Length
TMW       SA210    14    2"x.105     20'
TMW       SA210    10    2"x.125     15'
TMW       SA178A  24    1"x.150     12'
PL           A36        10    1"x 48       20'
PL            C           14    10x53       15'
 
I want it to take the shape column and place each shape on a separate page.  I want the pages to look like this:
 
             Qty   Dim        Length
SA210   
              14    2"x.105     20'
              10    2"x.125     15'
SA178A  
              24    1"x.150     12'
_______________________
New page due to new shape
             Qty   Dim        Length
A36         
              10    1"x 48       20'
_______________________
New page due to new shape
             Qty   Dim        Length
C           
              14    10x53       15'
 
I have tried several variations of suppressing and grouping to no avail.  I have made new headers and that also was unsuccessful.  I would like to not create a whole new report from scratch if possible.  I would be happy to post the file if needed to look at what is there as well. 
 
Thank you in advance for any help on this.
 
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:41am
Try this:
 
- Group by Shape. In the Group Footer, go to the Section Expert and turn on "New Page After" then click on the formula button to the right of that checkbox and enter:
 
OnLastRecord
 
This should prevent a blank page at the end.  If that doesn't get your the right paging, add "Not " in front of "OnLastRecord".
 
2.  Group by Grade.  Put the Grade field in the group header.
 
3.  Remove the Shape and the Grade fields from the details section.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum