Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Selection Formula - and others, too Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jessiemacmillan
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote jessiemacmillan Replybullet Topic: Record Selection Formula - and others, too
     Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:23am
I work mostly in 2008, so I'm not sure if that has happened to me in XI, but I'm wondering if the following has happened to anyone else . . . and if you know how to avoid it:

I created a report on a database that does not change (it's a copy used for year-end reporting then archived). It took a number of attempts to get it to work the way I needed it to, but once I did, the totals tied with other reports.

Then this morning I ran the report and the totals were different. I finally tracked it down to the record selection formula. There was nothing wrong with the formula, but the report was not picking up 3 records. I rebuilt the report from scratch and now the totals are correct again.

I've had this happen with formulas, too, where a formula stops evaluating. The only way to fix it is to delete it then re-write it from scratch to get it to evaluate.

Has anyone run across this? And do you have any idea how I can prevent it?

Thanks,
Jessie
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:35am
Have you installed all of the service packs for Crystal 2008?  There are at least 3 of them.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum