Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: Running Total Formula
     Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:27am
Good Afternoon everyone,
 
I have the following formula behind a running total.  It is not giving me the results I expect.  If I use the criteria from either or clause seperately they apprear to work fine but as soon as I put the or between them they break.  Can someone tell me what I am missing?
 
cdate ({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_ActualRedemptionDate}) in cdate({?BeginningDateRange}) to currentdate + time(23,59,59) or
cdate ({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_MaturityDate}) in dateadd('d',1,currentdate + time(00,00,00)) to dateadd('m',6,{?EndingDateRange}) and
not isnull({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_NonRenewalNoticeReceived})
 
So what I am trying to accomplish is everthing before the or is one condition and everything after the or is another condition.
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:54am

you need to paranth around what you want as NOT and both of your sections for the ORs and always make your NULL condition first

(not (isnull({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_NonRenewalNoticeReceived})) and
cdate ({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_MaturityDate}) in dateadd('d',1,currentdate + time(00,00,00)) to dateadd('m',6,{?EndingDateRange}) )
OR
cdate ({Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_ActualRedemptionDate}) in cdate({?BeginningDateRange}) to currentdate + time(23,59,59)


Edited by DBlank - 03 Feb 2011 at 7:55am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum