Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Range based on Minimum Date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cd789
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote cd789 Replybullet Topic: Date Range based on Minimum Date
     Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 7:13am

I'm attempting to create a report that analyzes multiple fundraising appeals, where each appeal is a group.  Specifically, I would like to count the total number of gifts that have come in after each week of the appeals, using the minimum value of the group.  I hope this sample data illustrates what I am trying to do:

Sample Data
Appeal 1 gifts 4/1/2008, 4/3/2008, 4/4/2008, 4/10/2008, 4/10/2008, 4/15/2008, etc.
Appeal 2 gifts 7/5/2009, 7/6/2009, 7/10/2009, 7/22/2009, etc.

Result
Appeal 1  gifts after 1 week (4/1/2008-4/7/2008)=3, after 2 weeks (4/1/2008-4/14/2008)=5, after 3 weeks (4/1/2008-4/21/2008)=6, etc.
Appeal 2  gifts after 1 week (7/5/2009-7/11/2009)=3, after 2 weeks (7/5/2009-7/18/2009)=3, after 3 weeks (7/5/2009-7/25/2009)=4, etc.

I am having trouble coming up with a way to create these ranges without getting a formula cannot be a range error.  Can anyone help?

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum