Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula in a Running Total Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: Formula in a Running Total
     Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:51am
Good Morning,
 
I have a field in a detail line that I want to conditionally sum.  To this this I am trying to use the "Running Total" function witha formula.  My understanding was that if the formuala evulated to true the number would be summed.  However Crystal 8 is not liking my formula.  Here is what I have.
 
if {Po_noteExtensionBase.Po_EffectiveDate} in {?BeginingDataRange} to {?EndingDateRange}
 
Crystal says it needs a "then" to complete the if statement, which makes sense but what do I put?  If the condition is true I want it to accumulate a total for the field it is summing.
 
Thanks for the help.
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:18am
take out the "if"
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:30am
The "Then" would occur after the condition

But in the case of a running total, I believe it is evaluating your formula to True or False (ie: include the record in the total if True)

So you only need to type in your condition.

Edited by Keikoku - 03 Feb 2011 at 4:31am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum