Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Double Quotes around CSV Export Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
polarnav3
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote polarnav3 Replybullet Topic: Double Quotes around CSV Export Data
     Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:20am

I have a report with several columns of data - 2 of the columns will always be blank, they are place holders for the file specifications.

The file specs require that "" surround every field, even if it's blank or null.
The problem is when I export the data to a CSV format the blank/null fields are not encapulated with the "". Only a comma seperates the fields. The other fields are ok. I have selected the use of " as the delimiter in the export process. I have tried to create a formula field with """", it only duplicates the ". I am using Crystal 11 - and I need help!
 
Thank you.
 
IP IP Logged
VickiM
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote VickiM Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 8:35am
Hi polarnav3.
 
I don't have an answer for you but I'm hoping you can tell me how you are getting the "" and the , to show up when you export to a CSV format.  I'm using Crystal XI and all I get is the data appearing in columns like it does in Excel.  What do you choose to get the "" and ,?  Thanks!--vmm
VickiM
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum