Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report works on some, but not all, workstations? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
troverman
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote troverman Replybullet Topic: Report works on some, but not all, workstations?
     Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:51am
Ouch
I am using Crystal 8.5 but after installing Crystal 2008 trial the result is the same:
 
A professionally written report runs fine on our server and a few of our workstations. However, on other workstations (including mine) the report will not refresh; it gives the following error:
 
"The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula." I can say OK, and a window showing the supposed error in the formula appears. However, the formula appears fine, and this same report will refresh no problem on my co-workers' machine. We are all running Windows XP Pro; the server runs Server 2003.
 
What is the problem! Anyone?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:24am
I don't know, but have you refreshed/verified your database.  That sort of error happens to me when I change datatypes on the schema of the dataset and forget to tell CR that it has changed.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
troverman
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote troverman Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 2:04am
Actually ended up fixing it yesterday...certain DLL files were missing from the C:\Windows\Crystal directory. I copied all the DLL's that were missing from a workstation where the report worked and voila, it works. I am in the process of doing this to all affected workstations.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum