Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need help formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
idrow
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote idrow Replybullet Topic: Need help formatting
     Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:05am
I'm trying to create a report using the following table:

cust#     amount   budget
111           100          300
111           250          300

The 'amount' will total 300, but the 'budget' totals 600 in my crosstab. I only want to use the budget amount once.   I will also need to use budget in other calculations, so maximum or average will not work.


This seems like a simple issue, but it's stumping me.  Please help!
IP IP Logged
c16271
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote c16271 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 6:00am
If you don't want to do cross-tab summations, why use a cross-tab?

It seems to me like you could only list those three columns, group them in some fashion, and sum only fields you care about.

CR cross-tabs are a pain in the ars if you dare to do anything outside the functionality their intended to support. Sleepy
IP IP Logged
idrow
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote idrow Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 6:14am
I do want to do summations, just not on that field.  I need to sum on the amount but only list the budget once.  Crosstabs can be a pain, but I'm pretty good with them.  This is the first time I'm having a problem.  I think I found a way around this.  In sql, I created a view which groups and  summarizes the amount by invoice date and then joins with the budget table so this way when I use it in crystal, the amount is already summarized and I don't get the 2 rows any more.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum