As you can see, there are 2 invoices in Nov. to the 1 entry for the budget on cust 12345. My problem is that instead of giving me a budget amount of 500, it's stating 1,000 because it's giving me a budget record for each invoice when I only need it once.
I am using 'select distinct', but that's not working. I tried using a running total for the budget to break on change of custno. That works BUT when I try to use that running total in a formula to calculate the difference between the invoice amount and the budget amount, I get the following error: "A print time formula that modifies variables is used in a chart or map"
I tried creating a formula using the average of budget: {Invoice.InvAmt} - Average({@Budget}) //where @Budget determines which budget column amount to use based on monthly parameters entered, but it's still giving me 1,000
How can I get the budget to only print once on the report while also allowing to use that budget amount in another formula?
If it makes a difference, I'm using the cross-tab feature and the column is on Invoice.date summarizing for each month. The rows are for each custno: Invoiced Amt Budget Budget Dif Budget Dif %
Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm banging my head over here.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 11:13am
You could try using Max or Min on the budget values instead of Average or Sum. If all of the budget values are the same for the month, this should give you what you're looking for.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum