Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: stored procedure with parameter for crystal report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
neo.mn
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Location: Bangladesh
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote neo.mn Replybullet Topic: stored procedure with parameter for crystal report
     Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 1:51am

Hi everyone, I am trying to develop a report in crystal report using a parameterized stored procedure.  The report will simply show the following fields


Member  Id,                          Bill,                           Payment

001                                     5000                                3000


The stored procedure will take two date parameters like start and close date.  Now I cannot know how to set these two date parameters while I am not showing date as field in my report. Besides I do not know how to call this parameterized report from my windows form application(C#).  Please help me find a step by step good solution and I will be very grateful.



Edited by neo.mn - 18 Jan 2011 at 1:51am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 3:22am
you can gather the dataset from the application and push it to your report, in which case I write a xml of schema and data to speed the creation of the report, or you can call build the report using some sort of connection, odbc or ole and display the report from your application, this will bring up the CR parameter screen.
 
As for the stored proc, CR doesn't care if you display the parameters or not.  Just tell it you want to use the stored proc, and it will create the parameters.  You/your user will have to enter the dates to get the data, but CR doesn't force you to display parameters...they are just a means to an end.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum