Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Comma delimited selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shaddy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote shaddy Replybullet Topic: Comma delimited selection
     Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 10:06am
Is there a way to do a record selection based upon a comma delimited set of values? Say I have 3 ID's I want to get a result set from, which is contained in a particular column/variable:

123,214,282

Now I would like to do a selection like:

{table.column} contains (123,214,282)

Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
shaddy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote shaddy Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 5:39am
...
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 8:26am
I'm not sure about delimited sets, but maybe you could construct an array using the fact that it's comma-delimited and then use {table.column} in [ your array ]

Edited by Keikoku - 11 Jan 2011 at 8:26am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum