Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Columnds Question Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 8:12am
I'm pretty new to this. I'n in Crystal Reports 8, and I need to have a way to "start" columns a couple inches from the left side of the page (i.e. I have a form with one record to a column, but there are row headers on the left side preventing me from putting data there).
I've been told I could do this with crosstabs, but I don't know the first thing about those. So if that would be easier, please point me in the right direction.
Joined: 06 Sep 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 3:17pm
If the "row headers" you refer to and the form are in Crystal, go into Design mode and resize the row headers so they stop exactly where you want your new column to start. Then insert your column or field right where you want it.
On the other hand if you mean your form is fixed (i.e. you are printing onto a printed form) then you still go into design view or design mode in Crystal and insert your field precisely where you want it. You can make sure rulers show by going to the View menu and make sure "Rulers in Design" and/or "Rulers in Preview" is checked. Then use those rulers to place your field. Go to the "Insert" menu, choose "Field Objects..." and then choose the field you want from the "Database Fields".
10 year user of Crystal Reports - recently implemented Crystal Server 11.5
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum