Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing Detail Lines Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Topic: Suppressing Detail Lines
     Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 8:38am
Greetings,
 
I am new to crystal reports (a couple weeks of tinkering), and have a programming background (main frame).
 
The report I would like to create is reading two data base files, a case number file and a comments file.
 
I have grouped the report by technician and effective date.
 
I have the case and comments in the detail section.  Case in detail A section, and depending on the type of comment, comments go into detail B/C/D sections.
 
When a technician has entered two comments on the same case and same date I get:
 
GH1   Joe
GH2   1/6/2011
Da      case 1
Db      comments #1
Da      case 1
Db      comments #2
 
I would like to suppress the second "case 1" to produce:
 
GH1   Joe
GH2   1/6/2011
Da      case 1
Db      comments #1
Db      comments #2
 
I found that I could suppress detail line fields, but not the whole detail A.  Suppressing the fields had undesirable effects on the report, following case's had equal data suppressed.
 
Thanks,
Rich
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 9:18am

You can conditionally suppress as

Previous(case)=case
 
or
Group On Case (group3)
get rid of details a as groupheader3 becomes that data element
 


Edited by DBlank - 06 Jan 2011 at 9:19am
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:26am

Thank you.  Success with option #2. 

Yesterday by using the Section Expert and creating a group header gh2b.  The result was my first case listed and the next different case did not until the date changed (gh2a).
 
This time using the group expert i created gh3.  That was the trick.
 
Thanks again,
 
Rich
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum