Hello-
I am a definate newby in Crystal Reports XI and am trying to sort a chart axis using a numeric as text field from my database, and labelling that axis with another more meaningful field. All is well until until I preview and see that the text labels are not in correct order. The sort field is formatted as such: 000001, 000002...000010. All are char(6). The bar chart displays correct data with the correct label, although the sort order for area=000001 and area=000010 has area 10 immediately following area 1.
I am trying to figure the correct SQL expression for Crystal that will sort by the value of the substring. I cannot cannot change the tables behind the chart, so it will have to be some kind of SQL expression. Area 10 must follow Area 9 on the chart and not Area 1.
I'm probably overthinking this, but we'll see. Any help would be appreciated.