Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: How do I layer text fields Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 12:41pm
I have a form that has a lot of checkboxes.
One of the lines would look something like this..
Stream Corridor: Upland Area: Outfall: Along Banks:
If any of the checkboxes are checked in the data.. then it would maybe look like this...
Stream Corridor: X Upland Area: Outfall: X Along Banks: X
There are several lines like this. I was hoping for the purposes of
keeping the report legible that I could just have a single text field
with all the labels looking much like the first example above, then put the formula fields that display the text box on top of the text field.
Unfortunately, any time I try to layer the formula field onto the text field, it goes INTO the text field. Is there any way to put the formula field on TOP (as a layer) on top of the text without it getting sucked INTO the text field?
Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 10:32am
Thanks DBlank, you have the general idea... but I was hoping to avoid separate text fields for each label. There are in some cased 10 per line, and a whole page of them. I wanted to create the text fields as lines of text with enough spacing to drop the individual X's formulas where they need to be.
This scenario I was shooting for where you would picture a fixed background... and I would just drop the formulas where they needed to be.
I actually did find a way to do what I was attempting, it's just not real pretty from a logistics sense. I created the lines of the text fields... then I move the line up or down just enough out of the way to place the forumulas where they need to go using the line of text as a guide.... then I just move the line of text back down over the formulas and it looks fine.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum