From your example I'm guessing you want to suppress duplicates?
http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4821
The short way is to just right-click the fields, then "format field" select the "common" tab and check "suppress if duplicate"
The long way I guess would be writing a formula
1. Open formula editor
2. expand the "formatting formulas" folder
3. expand "details"
4. right-click on the specific field and add a "new formatting formula".
5. select "suppress if duplicate"
6. {field} = Previous({field})
This checks if the current record is the same as the previous record and suppresses it accordingly.
I looked around and found a way to have it sum only unsuppressed values, which can be accomplished by
1: create a new running total
2: select the field that you want to summarize
3: for evaluate, create a formula that is the direct opposite for the suppression formula
4: for reset, you want to "change on a group" if you have multiple groups.
For step 3, since you are suppressing if duplicate, you can just change the = to a <> and that will check if it is NOT a duplicate.
Note that I'm basing it on XI so I don't know if other versions have different steps or even support it.
Edited by Keikoku - 10 Dec 2010 at 5:00am