Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Formatting Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jhingle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jhingle Replybullet Topic: Conditional Formatting Problem
     Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 2:26am
I have a calendar report that I am using and each day of the week is a subreport. On the main report I want the subreport name to say how many records are in each subreport. I just can't get the number of records to display. No errors just get the number 0. I am using shared variables and can't get it to work. Any ideas? I can elaborate if needed.
 
subreport function
Shared numberVar Records := count ({*********.*********});
 
Main report function
Shared numberVar  Records;
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:39am

the count from the subreport cannot be utilized until after the report is completed.  So unless the header and the report are on the same line, it is doubtful that this will work.  If the header is above the subreport, it definitely won't work.

The TERRIBLE work around would be to call the subreport in a band above the header, report the value in the header and then call it again.
 
IP IP Logged
jhingle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jhingle Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 2:47am
Wow yeah that seems like quite a bit of work and I don't think I could do that with the setup of my report. I think its pretty stupid that you can't name the subreport with the info generated in it yeat you can display the information within the report on the main page. Just so everyone is clear when I say title or name the report I am just talking about the subreport caption on an on-demand subreport. Thanks for the advice though lockwelle
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 4:42am
definitely can't use it in an on-demand report...CR doesn't know the value.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum