Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display items only more than 40 percent Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
druidic
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote druidic Replybullet Topic: Display items only more than 40 percent
     Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 5:33am
Good Morning Everyone,
 
I was recently assigned a task to create a CR that generates a list of accounts that have a variance change of 40 percent or greater to meter reads out of an access database. I have never once created a crystal report, however, I am familiar with similar applications (QREP). The reason for the use of CR is because the application they use only operates with CR reports after reading water reads.
 
The database contains the prior month and the current months read so I can create a formula to calculate the precent change, however, I do not know how to generate a report displaying only those accounts that have a 40%+ change.
 
My apologies for my absolute beginner question in this.
 
Regards. D.
 
.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 6:22am
Perhaps you can choose to only retrieve the accounts that have 40%+ change? Then you're guaranteed that the accounts you display will satisfy your requirement.

That way you wouldn't have to do anything in particular with crystal besides displaying the info. It should probably be faster as well and require less overhead.

Edited by Keikoku - 02 Dec 2010 at 7:08am
IP IP Logged
druidic
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote druidic Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:08pm
I got it figured out after some fumbling around. Thanks for the response.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum