Hi there,
first I'd like to thank everyone in advance for reading and responding.. Any help is very much appreciated..
Second, I'm sorry but my question has to do with Crystal 8.5 (forum is for 9 +).
I'm the IT manager for a distribution company and I've discovered a major inefficiency in our receiving department that I hope Crystal can help with. We receive tons of goods in our warehouse. Each pallet requires a tag. the receiving department has been creating these tags one by one in Word. Why not create them in Crystal. All we need to do is grab the info from the PO in our ERP and spit out tags. That is mostly right except for this:
There needs to be a tag for each pallet. If there only needed to be one tag for every item on the PO, this would be easy. In fact, I already got this far. I see all the pertinent info: Item number, qty received, UOM, bin location, etc...
But if item "ABCD" has a known qty per pallet of 56, if I receive 128 on a PO, then I need 3 tags. The first two tags will say: "ABCD", 58 cases. The last tag needs to show "ABCD", 12 cases. (58 + 58 + 12 = 128 cases).
I've worked out the pseudo code as follows:
int remaider = qty received
while remainder != 0
{
if remainder > qty per pallet then
{
displayTag(qty per pallet)
remainder = remainder - qty per pallet
else
displayTag(remainder)
remainder = 0
}
}
Now the big question is: How can I achieve this in Crystal. Right now, I have one detail section per item on the PO showing me the total qty received. I would like to create additional detail sections based on the logic in the pseudo code. Essectially creating a tag for each pallet of each item using known values qty received and qty per pallet.
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
PS: I would do this in visual studio, but I am using a really old dos-based ERP and the OBDC driver used to connect to the database (which are flat files... yuck) that is available does not work well at all.