Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Change a field from a string to a number Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 6:16am
I am brand new to Crystal reports and I am in desperate need of some assistance. I have been given the task of converting an Excel spreadsheet into Crystal and have found that when I get the report set up some of my values do not appear on the report. It seems that the values that do not show up are "string" and the ones that do are "numbers" and I was wondering if this could be a problem with the spreadsheet or the Crystal report set up. Please Help.
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 9:12am
I have verified that all of the fields in that column are set as Number. It did not make any difference. I copied one of the problem columns and moved it in front of one of the good columns and refreshed the report and they still showed up as Strings. I have not tried formatting to any other settings such as general, currency or custom but will.
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 10:38am
Ok, I am at a complete loss. I have totally rebuilt the spreadsheet and built a new report and I am still having the same problem. The spreadsheet is a total of 30 columns and Crystal seems to be changing everything from the 19th column into a String value and my dollar amounts fail to show up in my report.
So if somebody out there could tell my feeble little mind what I'm doing wrong I would be very greatful!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum