Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-tab report totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bzb1956
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote bzb1956 Replybullet Topic: Cross-tab report totals
     Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 7:44am
I'm working with Crystal Reports XI.  We have an existing report that was created using the Cross-tab report type.

There are 3 summary fields in the report:

- direct cost
- indirect cost
- Total ( direct cost + indirect cost)

Everything worked fine until now because both the direct cost and the indirect cost were being rounded to 2 decimal places.  However, I have a new requirement to round the indirect cost total to a whole dollar ( no decimal places) before adding it to the direct cost total.  This creates a problem for the third summary field because I'm only able to do:
- create a formula field of (direct cost + indirect cost rounded to a whole dollar)
- use that amount in the summary field

The problem is that then the indirect cost is being rounded for EACH record separately.  But what I need to to calculate the Total indirect cost first and only after I have that total rounded to a whole dollar, add it to the direct cost total.
So basically, I would like for the third row to simply show the sum of the first row and the second row.

Is that possible with the cross-tab report type?

thanks,

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum